Maintains the look and feel of real wood.
Homeowners select siding to give their homes a freshly-painted, premium wood appearance, but fluctuations in temperature make siding expand and contract. These movements can cause wall lines to sag and seams to open up, giving siding an artificial appearance. Wind can penetrate hollow voids under the siding, lifting and bending it. Fullback fills in the voids completely adding rigidity and strength to resist wind damage.
Superior impact resistance
Conventional hollow sidings can easily crack or break on impact. Fullback Thermal Support protects against hail. wind and misdirected objects.
On its own, siding can absorb an impact of just 60 to 90 psi. Panels with Fullback Thermal Support test from 160 psi to 300 psi.
Discourages the development of mold.
Fullback allows walls to breathe, and will not trap harmful water vapor. Because Fullback does not trap moisture within the wall, it does not support the growth of mold and mildew, can't contribute to wood rot, or create "sick home syndrome." Fullback is biologically inert. Harmful bacteria and other biological material cannot grow on or in Fullback.
Does not support combustion
The modified expanded polystyrene foam used in Fullback is produced with a fire retardant additive that greatly reduces the product's contribution to a fire. In addition,
by filling the air space behind the siding, Fullback eliminates the "chimney effect"
that can contribute to the flammability of other siding systems. When exposed to
an open flame or heat source, the foam simply melts and sags away from the
source of the heat. Fullback does not develop toxic smoke.
What is Fullback Thermal Support?
Fullback Thermal Support is a patented contoured foam system precisely configured to fit the profile of any siding panel. It completely eliminates the problems associated with the void behind conventional hollow sidings.
- Fullback's outstanding insulating properties can reduce energy bills by as much as 20%.
- Fullback fills out the profile of any siding, giving it the look and feel of premium wood.
- Fullback helps siding maintain its original shape through everyday mishaps - and extremes of weather - adding years to its life.
- Fullback discourages the development of mold within the wall system because it provides a breathable blanket of insulation and will not trap harmful water vapor in the wall.
- Fullback offers superior noise reduction and eliminates rattling.
- Fullback is treated with a fire retardant and will not support combustion.
- Fullback even repels termites and carpenter ants, with Perform Guard, a patented additive made with a nontoxic mineral.
- Fullback is a green building material. It is manufactured from expanded polystyrene and can be recycled. It contains no ozone-depleting chemicals and substantially reduces heating and cooling requirements, saving valuable natural resources.